Tips to Safely Shop Online for Black Friday/Cyber Monday
1. Make sure that when you are about to enter your credit card information that the web URl address changes from http to “https”. Having an “s” after the http means it is a secured website.
2. Look for the Safety Lock, Verisign, or Key clipart on the right lower side of the web site. For the a website to be registered with Verisign, etc.., they have to go through a lot of authentication processes for their business.
3. Does the website have a main corporate or physical address? For all you know, someone might me in the other end of the world just waiting to hack your credit card info.
4. Do they have a customer service email and telephone no. where you can call to follow-up?
5. Look for an About Us or Contact Page to make sure they do exist.
Good luck. From all of us at ADLE, Happy Thanksgiving.