Is WAMU headed for more Troubles or Class Action lawsuits

While blogging on how the overdraft fees scenario came back due to the four day holiday weekend in time for Veterans Day; a plantiff was filing a case dated Nov, 9 with the California Eastern Federal District Court
in Sacramento, CA where the case defendant is Washington Mututal Bank’

There are also numerous cases started by other people. I am a little shock because in my sales and marketing background, we only had a few lawsuits as eveything was dealt with a resolution in the end,

1. Always remember that the first resolution is for you to communicate with the company whom you have a problem with.
2. When everything is going no where, go the gov’t agencies that may intercede. In California, concerns on WAMU can be sent thourgh the Office of Thrift Supervision.

So I got some of the info from the Office of Thrift Supervision which might be helpful

West Region
Consumer Affairs TEL: (650) 746-7098
P.O. Box 7165 Spanish: (650) 746-7097
San Francisco, CA 94120 FAX: (650) 746-7001
Includes — Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota,
Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, and the Northern Mariana Islands
You may also contact the Office of Thrift Supervision in Washington, D.C. Our toll free Consumer Inquiry
number is 1-800-842-6929. TTY Users should call through Federal Relay at 1-800-877-8339.
If your complaint involves an institution not regulated by the OTS, consider contacting one of the following agencies
as described below.
State-chartered banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System are supervised by their state banking regulator and their primary federal
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
Division of Consumer and Community Affairs
20th and C Streets,NW
Mail Stop 801 (202) 452-3693
Washington, DC 20551
State-chartered banks, including state savings banks that are not members of the Federal Reserve System are supervised by their state
banking regulator and their primary federal regulator:
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Consumer Response Center
2345 Grand Boulevard
Suite 100 (877) 275-3342
Kansas City, MO 64108
Finance companies, mortgage companies and a broad range of other companies, are subject to state regulatory authority and their primary
federal regulator:
Federal Trade Commission
Consumer Response Center
6th and Pennsylvania Avenue,NW (877) 382-4357
Washington, DC 20580
Federally chartered credit unions (credit unions with “federal” in the name) are supervised by:
National Credit Union Administration
1775 Duke Street, Suite 4206 (703) 519-4600
Alexandria,VA 22314-3437
State chartered credit unions are supervised by the states that charter them. A state-by-state listing is available on the National Credit Union
Administration’s website.
National banks (banks with “national” in the name or N.A. after the name) are supervised by:
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Customer Assistance Group (800) 613-6743
1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450 fax – (713) 336-4301
Houston,TX 77010 – e-mail
There are many resources available to consumers who have a complaint against a financial institution. Knowing
where to start when you are unable to resolve a concern with your institution can be a challenge. The Office of
Thrift Supervision hopes this information is a helpful tool.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.